16/01/2013

The Problem I have with Cloud Based Apps

Add caption
I've been sitting here trying to work out my company plan for the coming year. The first thing I was thinking about was what app shall I write it in? I want to be able to access my notes/ideas/tasks where ever I am. So I need to have all this information in a Cloud based system or a app that has syncing ability.



I currently have access to the following cloud based apps:

  1. Evernote
  2. Google Drive
  3. Producteev
  4. Dropbox
And I've used:
  1. Workflowy
  2. Springpad
  3. Wunderlist
  4. Wunderkit
  5. Google Tasks
  6. Trello
And now I have a Mac I have access to iCloud.

So which shall I use? Which one shall I trust my company/personal information with? I really want to simplify my workflow. Using Google's apps does seem the idea option, but I do think it is lacking the features that Evernote has. Also using Google Tasks is a terrible experience if you compare it to the other 'tasks' apps out there (Producteev, Wunderlist etc).

Now there is an app I've seen called Busyflow which uses the API of all these apps and links then together through one web based app. It's a integration site for teams that links all these different apps together, which is a great idea, but it's for teams and I'm a single developer so a bit overkill for me.

The perfect app for me would be a desktop/mobile app that I can create simple daily tasks (e.g. errands etc) and add notes by project/folder that I can attach documents too and still be able to access these files via the file system like the Google Drive app does. 

All this needs to sync between my phone, my Mac and the PC/Mac I'm using at a clients site.

Anyone know of one list like this? 

No comments: