21/07/2014

Using Ionic Framework


I'm working on my first Ionic framework based app, a training app for Brazilian Ju Jitsu practitioners. It is the first time I've used Ionic, but from what I've seen of the framework it looks awesome.

I've just finished my first AngularJS project so I know the basics of AngularJS, which is a great JS framework (reminds me a lot of how I use to work with RobotLeg, the ActionScript framework, something I'll have to write about later). 

So the main things I like about Ionic are, one its using AngularJS, and two the great set of components that Drifty have created.

So for the first part of my app I've decided to use the basic starter app that Ionic provides. All this does is give you a empty shell of an app that you can start working with. There's other types of app that you can get through the Ionic. There is the tabbed view, a app that has tabs. The slide menu app, one with a slide in from the left menu and the blank app, which I'm using.

The reason I went for the blank version of the starter app is because I'm still deciding how I want the app to work. 

The first task I tackled is adding UI-Router to manage the views and states of my app. I haven't used UI Router before so should be interesting.


No comments: