06/07/2013

Working with AngularJS

I've recently started working on a web app using AngularJS, the reason I'm using Angular is because it, from what I've read, is designed for creating web applications. It's a complete application development framework.

Coming from a Flex background I've always liked using a framework. I've used Caringorm and RobotLegs (my personal favourite) for the Flex applications I've developed.
Now that I getting into using HTML/CSS/JS to create web applications, I was on the look out for a new framework I can use to build my applications with.

The project I'm using Angular with is, is a personal project I've had in mind for a short while. Its a application that solves I problem I have when running my freelance business, where I want to link my documents within Google Docs with the tasks I have, which I can use Google Tasks with.

By linking the two I hope to have a application that I can manage the documents (invoices, receipts, business plans) with any associated tasks and reminders.

This will be a web app (obviously) that uses Angular JS, both Google Docs and Google Tasks API and Twitter Bootstrap for the UI.

Now I love using Twitter Bootstrap, it really helps me create a nice UI fairly quickly. A lot of people are not fan of Bootstrap because it makes web apps look the same. But I've been using LESS for the last few weeks at work, so I know how to change the colour scheme of the default look of Bootstrap to look more like the idea I have for my app.

Anyway I'm going to start to blogging about the development of this app, using Angular and customising Bootstrap over the next few weeks.

No comments: