23/10/2014

Email clients for Android and hopes for Google Inbox

Over the years I've tried a number of email clients on my Android phones. I've used MailBox, CloudMagic and the default Gmail client. Now Google is about to release a new Gmail client which looks really interesting. I've just sent off my request for an invite to use Inbox, hopefully I'll get one.

One thing I do use a lot in Gmail is labels, I have a number of them for the different type of emails that I get, ones for newsletters, ones from agencies and friends. For each label I have a filter that automatically puts any email that comes in with its label, sometimes completely skipping the Inbox.

When I was using MailBox (which from time to time I go back to) the main problem I did have with it was that it didn't support the label/filter system that I already had in place. I do like the MailBox feature that allows you to mange your emails, e.g. snooze your emails, read at the weekend etc. All great features, but I would like to be able to manage an incoming email, then forward to one of the labels I already have set up in case I need to find it later.

Hopefully Google Inbox still supports the labels I've got set up, if not then maybe I should change how I manage my email then Google Inbox or MailBox will be ideal.

No comments: